The Intermediate Levels at The Pointe Academy bridge the beginner dancer to the advanced company level dancer. Intermediate Levels focus on the The Pointe Academy curriculum based in decades of experience by the staff. Dancers will learn classical ballet technique, earn the opportunity to learn pointework, develop jazz and contemporary skills and more. All students will be evaluated in December and in April to ensure progress. All dancers will be given the opportunity to perform ballet, jazz and contemporary works in the TPA Recital on May 12, 2018. Dancers will develop strength, flexibility, musicality, coordination, movement qualities, ballet and jazz lines, and more. To register for Intermediate Levels at The Pointe, each dancer is required to take four classes a week: 2 ballet classes and 2 jazz/contemporary classes. Hip Hop is also available for your dancer’s 5th class weekly. Registration is available only upon placement via studio director. To make an appointment for class placement, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Intermediate I Level: For ages approximately 9-11 years old. Ballet and Jazz Classes are required, Hip Hop is Optional.
- Hip Hop: Wednesdays at 4-5pm
- Ballet: Wednesdays at 5:15-6:30pm
- Jazz: Wednesdays at 6:30-7:45pm
- Jazz: Fridays: 4:00-5:00pm
- Ballet: Fridays: 5:00-6:15pm
Intermediate II Level: For ages approximately 12-14 years old. Ballet and Jazz Classes are required, Hip Hop and Beginning Pointe are Optional.
- Jazz: Mondays: 5-6:15pm
- Ballet: Mondays: 6:15-7:30pm
- Beginning Pointe: Mondays: 7:30-8:00pm (In order to take Beginning Pointe, a third ballet technique class will be required. Choices of ballet class are available at the front desk.)
- Hip Hop: Mondays: 8:00-9:00pm
- Ballet: Fridays: 3:45-5:00pm
- Jazz: Fridays: 5:00-6:15pm